- 3D - Visualization & Modeling
- Sediment Processing
- In-field Gamma-Ray measurement with a gamma ray scintillometer (Type GR-320 portable Gamma Ray spectrometer from SAIC Exploranium
3D Visualization Tools
- 10 Petrel Licences (Schlumberger) for Geo- and petrophysical interpretation and reservoir simulation.
- 1 GOCAD Licence (Paradigm Geophysical) for modeling and interpretation of geological objects
- Ocean Software (Schlumberger) for developing new tool and workflows for a better understanding of the geological models
- GEOWALL, a stereo projection solution, allows to visualize the data in stereo, facilitating the understanding of 3D bodies in space.
- The new 3-D laboratory of the Institute (3D Labor)
Different optic microscopes (transmitted and reflected light) for investigating rocks samples and loose preparates, among which
- Transmitted light: microscope Olympus BX 51 equipped with camera Olympus DP 72
- Reflected light: microscope Olympus SZX 9 equipped with camera Olympus XC 30
New Wave Micromill system (X-Y-Z microsampling device):
Binocular microscope equipped with video/photo capabilities and carbide steel drilling mechanisms to perform high precision microscopic drilling of various lithic and biogenic materials for isotopic, trace elemental and radiometric analyses. The combination of submicron stage resolution and positional accuracy, real-time video observation and a custom designed software system allows for sampling of complex structures in skeletal and crystalline materials.
Bravo Portable Micromotor.
- Pycnometer: AccuPyc II 1340 Gas (measure skeletal volume and density measurements) on samples from 0.01 to 350 cm³.
- Pycnometer: GeoPyc 1360 (measure envelope volume and density of monolithic samples as well as the bulk volume and density of powdered materials).
- Permeameter: Corex Digital Probe
- Retsch Siever AS200 (Rotating shaker) of different grain size and Retsch Test Sievers
- Ultrasonic cleaner (Bandelin sonorex super RK100SH)
- Electronic high-precision balance (precision: up to 0.0001g)
- Humidity Free Chamber for sample storage
- Drying Oven